As many of you may be updating your GH4 with your purchased V-Log L software key code, I thought I would put together an update blog post and video to help you successfully sync your key code with Panasonic and unlock it's awesome new V-Log L picture profile. If you're not a fan of written instructions I did a video here to help you along the way:
Before you begin this process make sure you have a fully charged battery!
- Update to firmware Version 2.4 from the Global Joint Update Service.
- Export the camera’s SERIAL.LST file to you SD card:
- Menu > Setup > Activate > Export Serial Code.
- Upload the SERIAL.LST to Panasonic's Portal Web Page.
- Find the SERIAL.LST in the PRIVATE > PANA_GRP > PAVC > LUMIX > ACTV > "SERIAL.LST"
- Input and register the "Upgrade Software Key" to Panasonic's website; this will allow you to get the activation code.
- Download the "ACTIVE.LST" to on your SD card:
- PRIVATE > PANA_GRP > PAVC > LUMIX > ACTV (i.e. the same location you SERIAL.LST is in).
- Insert the SD card into the SAME fully charged GH4, head into:
- Menu > Setup > Activate > Import Activation Code.
- When prompted power cycle the camera. You will find your new V-LOG L feature in your Photo Styles.
Enjoy the new picture profile, it's kind of a learning curve, but that's what creating content so fun in my opinion. If you have questions please feel free to drop me a comment down below. Thanks for stopping by, I hope this helped those of you that needed it.